The Health Fund accepts on-line electronic payments via the following types of accounts, each has related fees:
Checking or Savings Accounts: $1.50 per transaction
Credit Cards: 2.5% of total transaction
Setting Up Electronic Payment Account
- Return your completed continuation of coverage election form as instructed along with your first month premium payment via check or money order.
- Contact the Health Benefits Department at (312) 787-9455, menu option 3, request help to setup an electronic payment account.
- Access the electronic payment system and enter your COBRA/Low Cost/Self-Pay UID# (without the dashes);
- Follow the step-by-step instructions; be sure to specify the month(s) you are paying for.
- After entering your method of payment, you will receive a confirmation number and e-mail (sent to the e-mail address you provided on the electronic payment system).
- NOTE: Separate electronic payment accounts must be created for each individual making payments.
- Example: Member divorces spouse and adult dependent turns age 26. Both the ex-spouse and dependent elect COBRA coverage; each individual must setup their own electronic payment accounts.
Payment due dates apply regardless of the method of payment. Payments made by credit/debit card will be held as a 'pending transaction' upon remittance until posted, usually within a day or two. Payments made from a checking/savings account before 11:00 a.m. CST will post to your account the next business day; payments made from a checking/savings account after 11:00 a.m. CST will post to your account within two (2) business days.