Mid-America Carpenters Regional Council Benefit Funds
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Active Plan participants have access to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA). Your HRA is a personal account which accumulates a balance based upon the number of hours you work and when contributions to the Plan are paid by your employer. It is important to know that contributions are credited to your HRA account the month after they are received. You do not have to be eligible for benefits to use the HRA account, but you must be a Member in Good Standing with your local union. Optum Financial is the Plan's HRA administrator.
How does the HRA work?
After initial contributions have posted to your HRA account, look for a VISA debit card to arrive in the mail from Optum Financial.
- Upon receipt, activate your card by following the instructions on the card sticker.
- Visit the Optum Financial website to register your account and add your eligible dependents.
- Download the Optum Financial mobile app for quick, convenient access to your account.
Now, you can use your HRA account to pay for out-of-pocket Plan costs for you and your eligible dependents such as:
View HRA Informational Brochure
- Deductibles and coinsurance amounts;
- Emergency Room or prescription drug co-pays;
- Dental, hearing or vision expenses not covered by the Plan; and much more!
Understand your HRA
For a complete list of IRS qualified medical and premium expenses, see IRS Publication 502.
Using your card is the easiest way to pay for eligible expenses. You can also pay using personal funds and request reimbursement online or through the mobile app. Each time you pay for an eligible expense, be sure to save your itemized receipts.